1. I am so much more than 25 things.
2. I consider myself anti-social. I choose to spend the majority of my time at home with my family in the comfort of my own home, rather than out and about in society. I don’t like to be around a lot of people – it freaks me out to feel obligated to hold conversations with people and try and think of things to say.
3. I’m not much of a talker. If I don’t speak to you, it’s not that I don’t want to or that I’m trying to be rude, it’s just that I am not verbal. Sometimes I believe that the world would be a better place if people kept their mouths shut and just wrote. I am a true believer in the power of the written word and I am BIG on snail mail. I wear my iPod with my earbuds plugged into my ears when I am alone in public so as not to have conversations with people (i.e. when I’m at the gym). I also would rather text than talk.
4. My true best friend is a beautiful girl who looks VERY similar to me. Her name Joanie and she has been my friend since the very first day of 8th grade. I love my Joanie truly, madly, deeply!!!
5. I went through a very dark period of life that lasted a very long, long, LONG time that I never thought would end. It took me a long time to see the light at the end of the tunnel because I never believed it was an out – I thought it was a train coming at me so I ran in the other direction!
6. My Mini Cooper was an obnoxious birthday request on my part never believing that anyone could find a “Blue Mini Cooper with a black roof, and grey seats” on short notice, or that my husband would take me seriously. He found my requested Mini and presented it to me with a big red bow and all! ; ) Goes to show you, be careful what you ask for … However, I loooooove my Mini!!!
7. I was a geeky kid growing up. Very “Plain Jane.” I had a mother who led me to believe that I was not beautiful or worth a damn thing. I never believed it either until I was about 27 years old.
8. My first suicidal attempt was when I was 8 years old. I really wanted to die.
9. It was because I was told that I would never amount to anything that I am as successful as I am today. I was too scared to not succeed. I honestly wanted to prove those idiots who believed that I would never make it that I would … that they were f’n WRONG!
10. Exercise is my drug of choice. I do not function well if I don’t get a good workout – I love the endorphin rush. They do say that exercise is for those that cannot handle drugs or alcohol. I believe that whole heartedly.
11. I do not have the enzyme to properly breakdown alcohol in my body. Don’t ask me how I know, I just know.
12. I may look and act strong on the surface, but not all the way through. Never mind that I have a black belt in Krav Maga, and am strong and love to hit and kick.
13. I don’t like to cuss, but when I’m stressed I start to sound like a sailor! And when I’m nervous, I talk … a lot!
14. I can swim, but once my feet can’t feel the bottom of the ocean or the pool, I start to freak out, panic, and feel as if I am drowning! If there was a triathlon in which I could swim in 3 feet of water I’d be fine. Or if I could swim with floaties on … This is somewhat amusing for a girl who grew up on the Island of Oahu!
15. I have kept a journal since I was about 8 years old. I’m a writer. I love the movement of my pen over paper. I love my handwriting also. I love books. I have a whole house FULL. I can hardly bear to part with them, even though I know that I should just go to the library and save my money … I’d be a gazillionaire if I could stay away from Barnes and Noble and similar bookstores.
16. I always believe that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, experiencing exactly what I am supposed to be experiencing. I believe that I am who I am supposed to be, and that I am with the people that I am supposed to be with.
17. I trust very few people. I know who my “real” friends are and who I can trust, but even then I don’t divulge the “real” me. I only let you see what I want you to see, and I hold most people at arm’s length.
18. I don’t cry. I am NOT a cry baby. Only a handful of people have seen me cry. I only cry when I throughly exhaused and frustrated, not because I am emotional. I believe that crying is a form of manipulation, so if you are crying and I don’t console you, it’s probably because I don’t believe you …
19. I believe that all women should be strong and self-sufficient and independent, rather than meek and dependent.
20. I know who I am, who I’m not, who I want to be. I know what I want, and will work hard to achieve my dreams and goals, or to get what it is that I am after.
21. I believe in God and all that is good. I can usually see the brighter side of things and remain positive.
22. I am a fat-phobe, although I believe that there is a fat person inside me desperately attempting to claw it’s way out. I am disgusted when I feel myself getting “soft” and I am afraid of things going “south.” I am OCD about working out. I exercise so that I can feed myself pastries … heeheehee. (Only half kidding.)
23. Despite my two Bachelor’s Degrees (one in Nursing and the other in Business), I believe that I am somewhat of a blonde underneath my brunette … a Reese Whitherspoon kind of blonde though.
24. I believe that I have the best husband in the world. He works hard at our relationship and really has been the one of the very few to show me that I AM worth something, and that I AM someone. He has never been afraid to tell me what I need to hear, but also what I want to hear. He has loved me unconditionally despite my OCD, my irrationalities, my imperfections, my faults, etc. He’s also a great father to our kiddos, and has always … ALWAYS put us first. Our relationship is far from perfect, but show me a relationship that is …
25. I have four true loves that come in the form of Mini Row’s … Samuel, Nathan, Noah, and Grace. I love my children dearly. They are definately the best part of Me and I would do anything for them. They’re great kids and I couldn’t have asked for better. You mess with them and I’ll show you a force to be reckoned with!!!